My Plain-looking Fiance is Secretly Sweet with Me Volume 2 - Chapter 9

Chapter 9
My life was stuck, but when I met Yuuna-chan, my world changed


“Geez, Yuu-kun dummy!”

Wearing a black cap to block the view of her eyes, Yuuka kept puffing out her cheeks even after we left the shopping mall.

The wind was blowing, making her long brown hair sway. At the same time, a sweeter than usual scent of perfume drifted into the air.

“Sorry, Yuuka. But if rumor spread that I have a girlfriend, I feel like people will find out later that you’re my fiance, or that Izumi Yuuna has a man in her life.”

“You worry too much about that!”

“Yuuka, you’re too unaware that you’re a voice actress, aren’t you? If rumors spread on social media that Izumi Yuuna dated an ordinary guy, it will be a big uproar.”

After all, there are still many fans who demand purity from a voice actress.

However, even though Yuuka listened to my words, she puffed out her cheeks even more.

“But I don’t like... if you call me as a Nayu-chan.”

“Unlike Masa, Nihara-san doesn’t know Nayu, so I think it would be better to call you that than to call you by a random name. But well, considering what was happened earlier, I can understand why you didn’t want to be called as a bad little sister...”

“That’s not what I meant! I don’t agree with the impression that it’s not strange that I’m was your ‘little sister’! I’m not that much younger than you, after all!”

——Eh? What does she mean?

As I confused and tilted my head, Yuuka pursed her lips.

“If I were younger than you, I might be considered as a child. I’m a mature woman. Just like Ranmu-senpai, I have the charm of a mature woman.”

“Erm... which part of you that makes you call yourself  having mature charm?”

“Ah! You think me as a fool, didn’t you? As I thought, I shouldn’t be changing back from the sexy clothes I was wearing earlier!”

Haah~, it wasn’t an outfit that could make someone look mature or anything like that.

However, Yuuka bit her lower lip, still looking to disagree about something.

“I’m a high school student. So it’s embarrassing if people would naturally look at me like I’m younger than them...”

That statement naturally made me feel my hands were filled with strength. And then, with emotions welling up inside of me, I blurt out my feeling.

“You know, Yuuna-chan is very energetic, innocent, and natural. She loves to be pampered when she feels lonely, but if you try to treat her like a child, she will rebel and try to act like an adult... When you try to tease her, there will be times when she will attack you, but in the end, she fails and becomes cute. For me... that’s the kind of charm that Yuuna-chan has.”

“...Hah?”

“I mean, you who want to 'have a mature charm' are the same as Yuuna-chan. But in the end, you are being treated like a child, made me feel like you were Yuuna-chan. Then, in return for being treated like that, you will become angry which makes you look even more like Yuuna-chan—As expected from Izumi Yuuna, I'm really impressed with you...”

“...You’re making fun of me, right?”
 
My words were completely useless, which only made Yuuka even more angry.

Then, Yuuka took a deep breath, and spoke.

“Haah~... you really can’t understand a woman’s mind. But well... I also love you who like that anyway.”
 
Geez, loving you is really my weakness... by looking like Yuuna-chan, Yuuka whispered vaguely to herself.

 

After that, we continued to head towards the station while having small talk.

It was already 13:30, so to be honest, I was quite hungry.

“Ahahaha, Yuu-kun, your stomach is growling, you know?”

“I’ve walked a lot, after all. Also, maybe I’m tired from dealing with Nihara-san. Is it okay if I fill my stomach with instant noodle when we get home?”

“Hmm.... I wonder...”

With a smile on her hace, Yuuka looked up at the sky. Then, she straightened her body and said:

“...Hey, how about we stop by somewhere for a moment?”

My heart skipped a beat when Yuuka said that in a slightly spoiled tone.

“Isn’t it unfair? If you speak in a voice like Yuuna-chan, it’s hard for me to say no.”

“Fufufu, after all voice is the best weapon for a voice actress! This is truly a powerful attack!”

For some reason, she had a useless, satisfied expression on her face.

And then, while singing a proud hum, Yuuka brought her lips to my ear and whispered.

“Hey, will you listen... my lifelong wish?”

“Hiiiiiiiiii!”

I suddenly stepped back to get away from Yuuka.

“That’s unfair y’know, I thought my ears were going to explode just now! That one just now, that was the ‘if you graduate’ line that was released in March, right?”

“As expected from Grim Reaper in Love, you remember that perfectly!”

Then, once again, Yuuka clung to my arm and brought her lips to my ear.

“E~at! I want to eat! If I don’t eat, my stomach will be caved in, and I might disappear.”

“Ugh... just now, it’s the line from last year’s [Alice Idols 100th Wish Competition]...”

The attack from Yuuna-chan’s voice by Yuuka made my HP closer to zero.

Yuuka looked at my face with a grin... and it seemed like she would continue to do this until her wish was fulfilled.

“...Haa~, I’m rather worried cause there’s still a lot of people here... but just for a moment, just a moment, okay? Also, don’t take your cap off.”

“Understood, Captain Yuu-kun!”

Even though she was in a salute pose, her face was full of a smile that made her face look like it was about to melt.

“Lately, you've been getting more devilish, Yuuka.”

“But your type is a woman who is energetic, innocent, and slightly devilish like Yuuna, don’t you?”

Her nature of being too carried away by the atmosphere is also same as Yuuna-chan.

Really, she’s a great voice actor.

---

In the end, I gave in to Yuuka’s request.

Just to be safe, I chose a place with as few customers as possible, so the risk of Yuuka’s identity being discovered was lower. That’s why, we went to the cafe which is about two minutes from the station.

“...Ehehehe.”

As I sat on my chair and take a break, Yuuka who was sitting across from me laughed in a small voice.

Then, she lifted the tip of her cap with her fingertips and supported her head with her hand on her cheek.

Maybe it was because of the makeup she was wearing, but her eyes looked bigger than usual. Her eyelashes also look thicker. Even her lips also looked red and plump.

In short, it was as if Yuuna-chan had appeared in the real world.

“Yuu-kun, your face looks red, you know!”

Ehehehe, Yuuka laughed, while fiddling with her brown hair that was hanging down her cheeks with her fingers.

You saying that, but your face looked red too... that’s what I thought, but I don’t want to say it because it would feel like I’m digging on my own grave.

“Well, don’t look at my face, just look at the menu.”

“Okay, hmm...... I wonder which one I should order? What would you like to order, Yuu-kun?”

“I’d like to order iced coffee.”

“Eh? You’ve decided on your order? It’s too fast.”

Yuuka hastily lifted the menu and started choosing her order with a serious face.

Meanwhile, a female waitress brought us a glass of water. Perhap, this waitress is the same age as my mother?

“Oh my~, I’m glad that a couple in love came to our shop.”

The waitress said that while placing the cup on the table.

“There aren’t many outsiders who usually come around here. Because local young people usually go to the shop at the other end of the station, so I’m really glad to see a young couple here. Oh, I’m sorry if I bother you two.”

“It’s okay, you didn’t bother us...”

This friendly impression, could it be she was the owner?

Well, whatever with her position—I’m basically bad at talking to strangers. Even going to a hair salon is like going to the devil’s gate to me.

“D-Do we... look like a couple?”

Just as I was having trouble to answering, Yuuka who was in front of me suddenly interrupted and asked that.

The waitress looked puzzled for a moment, but she quickly answered Yuuka with a smile.

“Yeah, you two look like a cute high school couple.”

“Isn’t it?! We look the same age, aren’t we?! There’s no way I look younger than him, right?”

“Ufufufu... you two look like a couple of the same age.”

“Yoshii!

A cafe that has been around for a long time is truly great at interacting with its customer. Her hospitality skills are absolutely impeccable.

And on the other hand, Yuuka who attracts attention like that really looks childish... but well, since she's very similar to Yuuna-chan, so I guess it's fine to leave her like that.

“Then I'd like to order an iced coffee.”

“And I... erm, I'd like to order a soda float and special parfait!”

“Alright, wait a minute.”

With that, the waitress went to the back of the shop.

On the other hand, Yuuka looked at me with a satisfied-looking face.

“See, what I said is true, right?!”

“Yes, yes. We do look the same age.”

“That's obviously! Geez, Nihara-san is really being rude!”

As she said that, she deliberately turned her head away.

“Here’s the iced coffee an soda float. The here’s the special parfait.”

The waitress from earlier quickly came back and placed our order on the table. We nodded our heads at her and then took sipped our drinks.

“It's delicious, Yuu-kun.”

“Yes, it has a different taste than the ones in retail stores.”

“What you said was true… but when you're in front of me like this, everything feels so delicious.”

Yuuka laughed, and then scooped up her special parfait.

Then, just as she started chewing...,

“Mmm! Delicious!! The taste of the fruit is very strong and sweet!!”

“Well, just by looking at your expression, I know it's delicious.”

Seeing Yuuka's face that seemed to have 100 expressions, I couldn't help but smile.

Then, Yuuka offered me a spoonful of her parfait.

“Now then, Yuu-kun, say ‘Aaaaa’.....”

“...Eh?”

This sudden turn of event made me freeze on my tracks.

Seeing me like that, Yuuka muttered in a low voice.

“...When I had a fever before, you fed me, right? And I still haven’t replied to you for that... So, now, say ‘Aaaaa’....”

“No, you don’t have to reply me—”

“You’re off guard!!”

Mmgg?!

Just when I thought that my mouth was cold, I could gradually feel the sweetness rising.

“Gosh, you're so pushy, Yuuka.”

“You’re too stubborn, so I have to play hard like this.”

Saying that, we looked at each other, and then, suddenly we were laughing.

“Alright, Yuu-kun, now do it properly, say ‘Aaaaaa’…”

“Yes, yes...”

When she put the spoon in my mouth, my cheeks felt a little hot, even though my mouth should be cold.

But, the taste of the parfait..., tastes better than before.

 

“Thanks, come back and visit our cafe again.”

While paying, the waitress from earlier approached us in a friendly manner.

“I have a daughter who is the same age as you guys, but... she is hardly in a romantic relationship, so as her parents I’m worried about her.”

At that moment, my eyes fell on the name plate on the waitress’s chest.

[Limelight Cafe Manager: Nonohana].

Aaah... I totally forgot about itu.

‘Limelight’ cafe.

This is the cafe of Nonohana Raimu's parents.

So this is why Nihara-san had warned me about this cafe. Sorry, but didn’t realize it.

“What’s wrong, Yuu-kun? Hey?”

Seeing my suddenly pensive face, Yuuka looked at me worriedly.

“Oh, sorry, nothing.”

And after finishing paying, I left the Limelight cafe with Yuka.

 

Hey, Yuuichi! Sometimes, come to my family cafe.

My parents are very chatty, so I don't take many of my friends there often.

Our cafe's signature menu is the special parfait. I want to eat it with you!

 

In the third year of middle school, right before I was rejected by Raimu. At that time, I promised Raimu that I would come to her family's cafe and eat a special parfait with her.

“Today was really fun, Yuu-kun!”

Besides me who was deep in thought, Yuuka smiled innocently.

Seeing her smile, I became smile too.

“That special parfait earlier was really good! I think my cheeks will melt when I eat it.”

“...You’re right.”

After all that special parfait is the cafe's signature menu, so it’s certain that it will taste good.

And maybe, because I ate it togehter with Yuuka... I thought it tasted more delicious. Obviously, I’m not saying that out loud, but that’s what I really think.

“Well then, Yuuka, when we get home, let's watch the anime you said you wanted to watch.”

“Yes! Oh, then, how about we buy some snacks before going home? We’ll turn our house into a cinema!!”

“Even though you just ate a parfait, but you want another snacks?”

“Rice, parfait and snacks are three different things, you know?”

“Isn't it just your stomach that's starving?”

As we continued to talking like that, Yuuka and I laughed at each other.

Then, for a moment, I looked back at the Limelight cafe... and muttered in my mind...

 

Here I am fine.

So—I hope you're fine too, Raimu.



4 Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter. Yuuichi eating that parfait with a person he actually loves right under the nose of the person that ruined his middle school life. Very nice. The way the chapter is structured makes me think he'll have to confront her this volume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not like im jealous or anything....

    Thank you for this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I was worried but that ended up really nice. Good growth

    ReplyDelete
  4. She didn't talk about the confession to the other people, someone else listened and talked. That's my bet.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post