My Plain-looking Fiance is Secretly Sweet with Me Volume 2 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8
About how to get home without our relationship being caught on a secret date


It wasn’t until a minute after Izumi Yuuna who was dressed as Yuuna-chaan—or rather, Watanae Yuuka, my fiance—entered the clothing store, somehow, I met the gyaru who was my classmate, Nihara Momono.

Normally, I only see Nihara-san in appearence wearing school uniform, but today she’s wearing a pink jacket and miniskirt. On the chest oh her jacket was a logo that I had never seen before.

How should I put it... she doesn’t look like a gyaru at all.

“I-I didn’t expect that I woul meet you in such place... could it be this is a fate?

“You’re too exaggerating. It’s just a coincidence.”

“...Geez, you really can’t read the mood at all.”

As she said that. Nihara-san started chuckling to herself.

Putting that aside, when I saw the appearance of Nihara-san wearing a jacket, I got a different impression than usual from her. But when I thinking about it...

“Hm? By any chance, are you like this kind of clothes, Sakata? You’re staring at me so hard, you know?”

“Isn't it too much to say that I staring you so hard? I just feel that your image is different than usual.”

“Hm? Different than usual? What kind of image do you have of me?”

“A very hype gyaru girl.”

“You still call me that? I’m just a pious town girl!”

You still call yourself like that? You don’t look like a pious town girl at all, Nihara-san.

...Hm? By the way, Nihara-san have a bag that she was holding behind her back since a while ago.

“What did you buy, Nihara-san?”

“E-Eh...? I-I didn’t buy anything though.”

When she said that, for some reason Nihara-san’s words suddenly stuttered.

Gosh, what’s with that overtly unnatural feeling?

“I okay if you don’t want to tell me. I only saw you carrying that bag, so I just asking... but didn’t that bag is from the toy shop over ther—”

“Y-You misunderstood! I just came here... well, I came here to buy clothes!”

Saying that, she pointed at the clothing store that Yuuka just entered.

“No, no, no! You obviously didn’t come here to buy clothes, didn’t you? I’m sorry if I was being poked around, so you don’t have to push yourself too hard like that!”

“I-I didn’t push myself! That’s what I wanted to do from the beginning! Well, I’ll try some clothes... so Sakata, please choose one that looks suit for me, okay?!”

“Why I should do that?”

The more I tried to stop Nihara-san, the more stubborn she became. It seems this conversation is getting out of hand...

“...Oh, by the way, this has nothing to do with what we’re doing now... but Sakata, don’t go to the coffee shop called Limelight that’s near the station, okay? I remind you of this as your friend.”

Eh? What did she say?

Suddenly, with a serious tone, Nihara-san spoke to me as if she was giving advice... but because I was overwhelmed by the sequence of events that had just happened, I didn’t really listen too much.

Well, putting that aside, more importantly... isn’t this bad?

“Yuu-kun! Among all this, which clothes do you like?”

Over there—Yuuka, who didn’t know about the current situation, ran towards me with an innocent face.

On a refleks, I rushed over to check if Nihara-san had noticed her.

...It seems that she has entered the interior of the store. Thanks god.

“Hm, why are you looking around so much? Did something catch you eye in that store—”

“Oh, this one! I think I like this one better!”

Before Yuuka look back, I frantically chose a suitable clothes for her.

“Eh... I-I see. So this is the kind of outfit you like... Alright, then, I’ll try it on!”

For some reason, after nodding gravely, Yuuka ran towards the changing room. But then...

“Hey, Sakata! Tell mee, which one do you think is cuter, this one or this one?”

Without a pause, this time it was Nihara-san came running up to me and show me some clothes. Because their timing of coming and going was so bad, I panicked a lot. Besides, I also have to pay close attention to the shop to see if Yuuka will return. That’s why, I didn’t have a chance to look at Nihara-san.

“For me, I think polite clothes like this are better. But I think it’s also not bad to choose such an aggressive clothes.”

“W-Why don’t you just choose clothes that you like?”

“Well, isn’t it fine if I ask you? I’ll wear the clothes that you like... so just pick it out.”

Even though I gently refused, this gyaru continued to approach me.

“Oh, have you finished changing, sis?”

That’s when... Srrrrttt, I heard the sound of the changing room curtain being opened.

This is bad, I dont’t have much time left.

“T-This one! I think this clothes is good?”

“...Hmm, this clothes, huh? Well, I’m your spiritual sister, so a mature outfit like this might be the right choice!”

After saying that. Nihara-san quickly headed toward the changing room.

Next to her—Yuuka walked quickly towards me.

Oh God, hopefully Nihara-san doesn’t realize that the person walking next to her is Watanae Yuuka!

Then, was it because my wish was granted, or because Yuuka had a different appearance than usual… but Nihara-san passed by Yuuka and entered the changing room.

T-Thank goodness...

“Y-Yuu-kun... I’ve tried to wear the clothes you've chosen for me... s-so, what do you think?”

I slowly turned my gaze towards Yuuka who seemed has finished changing, but for some reason she was so restless. As I turned out, what was entered in my view is... the figure of Yuuka who was dangerous in many ways.

“Y-Yuuka, why are you wearing something like that?”

“How rude! You’re the one who said that this clothes is good for me!!”
                                                                                                                            
The knit sweater she was wearing... there was no mistake, it was a so-called ‘virgin killer’ knit sweater.

The knit sweater had no sleeves, which made both her shoulders and armpits visible. In addition, the back is open to her hips. Even from the side, I could see her breast. Isn't her current appearance already be considered as a half-naked?

“To be honest, I’m embarrassed, you know?! Even so, since you like this kind of clothes, so I decided to wear it, but... I got treated like a bitch! Isn’t it too evil?”

With a flushed face, Yuuka spoke in a high tone that was not like her usual self.  The staff in the shop, who didn’t understand what was happening, began to stare at us.

“S-Sorry Yuuka... Y-You look so cute, I’m getting so excited—”

“Sa~ka~ta!!”

At the bad timing, Nihara-san waved her hand to me as she ran over and called my name.

And for some reason, she was wearing a Chinese dress.

---

“...Hm? “

“...Eh? Who? “

On one hand, Yuuka was wearing a ‘virgin killer’ knit sweater that boldly exposed her shoulders, armpits, and back. On other hand, Nihara-san wearing a Chinese dress and showing her whit legs throug the side slit.

There’s no mistake, this was truly the so-called worst encounter.

It was a hell of a ride.

“ Hm... eh? Sakata, is this extremely aggressive-looking person was your acquaintance?” 

It seems Nihara-san didn’t realize that the girl in front of her is ‘Watanae Yuuka’.

Well, I guess it make sense if she didn’t realize it.

With an appearance that had a lot of exposure and brown hair without glasses—it would be strange to think that she was Watanae Yuuka.

“Y-Yeah... you’re right, she is my acquaintance...”

“I see... Oh, this means, you’re serious that your tanzaku wasn’t addressed to Raimu!”

[TN: In present-day Japan, people generally celebrate Tanabata Festival by writing wishes, sometimes in the form of poetry, on tanzaku, small pieces of paper, and hanging them on bamboo.]

In her Chinese dress, Nihara-san folded her arms and nodded.

But then, she smiled with a slightly complicated expression on her face.

“To be honest, it was a good thing that you destroyed your past with Raimu! But the only thing is... even though your spiritual sister has gone to great lengths to spoil you, but I didn’t expect you have a cute girlfriend like her, Sakata!”

Saying it, Nihara-san peek at Yuuka who was wearing a cap.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Sakata’s classmate, Nihara Momono! We didn’t have a suspicious relationship, so as his girlfriend, you don’t have to worry, okay?”

“G-Girlfriend... ehehe...”

Yuuka, I beg you, please don’t show that kind of face. I’m ashamed of myself too.

Maybe Yuuka noticed I was staring at her, because she gave a big smile.

This... this isn’t Watanae Yuuka, is the Izumi Yuuna switch activated?

“I didn’t expect that I would meet Yuu-kun’s classmate here! You’re so cute! Your name is Nihara-san, right? Your hair color is so beautiful!”

“Ah, you mean this brown hair? I added yellow to it, so it looks like a light brown color.”
“I see, yellow, huh? That’s so beautiful! Also, that Chinese dress you’re wearing... it has a mature impression and looks good on you. But why are you wearing a Chinese dress?”

“I'm embarrassed to hear you saying that. ....Well, about this dress, I wore it because Sakata said it looked good on me.”

Hearing that, Yuuka quickly turned her head and glared at me with an unreasonable neck movement. The moment I saw her, I immediately understood that her eyes filled with terror.

“No, erm... to be more precise... she asked me which clothes I thought was better...”

“More precise? Aren't your words too bad... I've gone to the trouble of wearing the kind of clothes you like, though.”

This time, it was Nihara-san's turn to glare at me.

Being glared at by these two snakes, I as a frog could only shed cold sweat.

“But by the way... isn’t that clothes is too sexy? I mean, it’s too erotic....”

“Y-You get wrong! It’s not like I want to wear this kind of clothes, it’s just Yuu-kun said that he like this clothes, that’s why I wear it.”

“...Eh? Sakata, aren’t you too perverted...?”

“Hold on, Nihara-san, it’s didn’t mean I like this kind of stuff or anything!”

“You say that, but you make me wear an erotic clothes like this?”

“Oh my, isn’t this an erotic humiliation...? So you've truly fallen below Kurai’s level, huh.”

The more I argue with them, the more I fell into the ditch.

And then, for a while... I was constantly looked down upon by these two girls.

 

Thirty minutes later.

They changed back into their original clothes and came out of the store.

“Haa~, I'm kind of tired.”

“Same here, what happened earlier was so embarrassing that I felt like I wouldn't be able to get married...”

“What are you talking about? You already have Sakata, didn't you? Just to tell you, Sakata is hard to get along with girls... So if you don't break up with him, I'm sure you two will be able to get married!”

“...Fuee!”

Obviously, Nihara-san wouldn’t think that we were already engaged.

The problem is... what should I do now?

Nihara-san didn’t realize that the perseon she thought was my girlfriend was Watanae Yuuka. And since Nihara-san isn’t otaku, she couldn’t possibly know that this person is voice actress, Izumi Yuuna. If so, is it okay to let Nihara-san think that ‘I have a girlfriend’?

No—I have to think calmly.

Would Yuuka who just put on a 'Fuee' expression not going to reveal something unnecessary? ...I feel like it's impossible.

As I thought, here I have to explain to Nihara-san that I don’t have a ‘girlfriend’.

“Nihara-san, it seems you get wrong about something... but she’s not ‘my girlfriend’, she’s ‘my little sister’.”

““Hah?”“

Yuka and Nihara-san's voices are perfectly in sync.

“Hmm? If I’m not mistaken... I’ve heard that your little sister lives overseas...”

“Yeah, she just happened back home this weekend. That’s why we went shopping together after a long time of not seeing each other... that’s right, Nayu?”

“Eh? Erm, erm... yes! I’m ‘Sakata Nayu’, Yuu-kun’s little sister!”

Perhaps Yuuka understood my intentions, because she smiled and bowed to Nihara-san. Even though it’s very sudden, but his acting skills are really amazing... as expected from a voice actress.

Now, will Nihara-san believe this?

“...Erm, Sakata... seriously, I can’t believe this...”

Nihara-san looks at me with disgusted eyes.

This is bad... looks like she doesn’t believe this setting.

“To make your sister look so erotic like this... you really are disgusting as a human.”

 

——The result is...

By sacrificing my dignity, we were able to avoid revelations about our secret relationship.

I'd like to think that is a good result.

Because if I don’t think like that..., seriously, my heart will break.



5 Comments

  1. you open up for picking up novel suggest ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not for now, cause I might get stuck if I translate several novels at the same time

      Delete
  2. Do you need an editor? Love the series and would love to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for wanting to help, but for now I still don't need an editor

      Delete
  3. This is a really enjoyable read. Thank you for picking it up. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post